Warm White Bean Salad
For a simple accompaniment to your main course, try this quick and hearty dish.
- 2 quarts water
- 1/2 lb brussel sprouts, butt-end removed, halved
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 3 Tbs chicken broth
- 1 Tbs white wine vinegar
- 2 cups great northern white beans, cooked
- 2/3 cup olives, halved
- 2 tsp sage, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch black pepper, ground
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepot. Add brussel sprouts and cook for 3-5 minutes until bright green and just tender. Drain well.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add well-drained sprouts and red onions and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sprouts are golden and onions are tender. Add garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Turn heat down to low and pour in chicken broth and vinegar. Stir in remaining ingredients and cook until heated through.
Calories from Fat 75 (33%)
(13%)Total Fat 8g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 29g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2018 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2018.